Many brides have requested having their wedding day makeup airbrushed. I must admit that since I haven’t done airbrush makeup previously, only when assisting, I missed out on some clients. I’m happy share my biggest purchase during this past The Makeup Show New York City; I was able to purchase a Temptu Pro airbrush kit.
What is airbrush makeup?
Airbrush makeup comes in different forms; however, I picked up the silicone based foundations from Temptu since I will use mine for beauty and bridal work. The makeup is applied with an airbrush by dispersing very thin layers of the makeup evenly on the face.
What are the benefits of airbrush makeup?
Airbrush makeup has many benefits, especially when it comes to bridal makeup. I mean, this is the most important day of your life, who doesn’t want makeup that lasts through sweat, tears, humidity etc. and for over 8-hours? I know I would.
Airbrush makeup provides the following benefits:
– Flawless, more natural coverage (than traditional makeup) that looks and feels like skin
– Lasts between 16-18 hours (Celebrity Makeup Artist, Nicky Posley of Temptu Pro stated this during The Makeup Show)
– Photographs better than traditional makeup
– It is perfect for people with oily or acne-prone skin
– Seamless contour and highlighting
– It doesn’t transfer onto your clothes
– It can be used on the entire body
Due to all of the above benefits, airbrush makeup application costs more than traditional makeup application.
Tips before being airbrushed for your wedding
Be sure to get rid of any facial hair, preferably through waxing or threading, before getting airbrushed, since the makeup can adhere to hairs, which wouldn’t look flawless; it will instead, look like peach fuzz.
I’m happy to announce that airbrush makeup will be added to my roster of services offered.