Makeup by Kim Porter accepts products for review from brands and public relations representatives. Unless compensated as a disclosed sponsored or advertorial post, we exercise full independence over product reviews. Receipt of a product, whether solicited or unsolicited, does not constitute a contract for a published review of the product or for the substance of any content produced that discusses the product.
If you send me a product for review, you agree to allow me to keep it, and offer one as a giveaway to one of my readers. I will inform you of the product’s arrival and approximate posting date. All of my reviews are 100% honest. I reserve the right to refuse to review any product that I feel is morally ambiguous or offensive to my own personal beliefs/ethics or is not a good fit for my blog and readers. This blog is context-driven and I have a responsibility to my readers to provide honesty and integrity at all times. I will not review any product that I myself would not be comfortable purchasing for myself or my own family.
While Makeup by Kim Porter attempts to accept only products of interest in hopes of lessening negative reviews, this site does not guarantee a favorable review, or any review at all. Reviews are done based on honest assessments of the products and content will not be provided for pre-approval by PR representatives or brands, nor will reviews be edited after the fact based on requests to do so. Products that wish to impose such limitations will not be accepted for review but may be eligible for inclusion as a sponsored post with compensation. Editorial timeline is currently 6-8 weeks from receipt of a product. Beginning in December 19, 2014, all items received from brands and PR representatives are disclosed as such per the FTC guides using disclosure buttons linked to the proper disclosure statements.
I will not host a giveaway without first reviewing the item personally. I will not giveaway an item I do not feel comfortable offering to my readers without having first-hand knowledge of how it feels, smells etc. If you offer a giveaway with your product review, I prefer you to mail it directly to my winner at the end of the giveaway period. The giveaway item can be the same as the reviewed product, a different product or a gift certificate. My giveaways typically run for 1-2 weeks with varying ways of entering.
Links to your website and/social media are included in the review.
Advertorial and Sponsored Posts
Makeup by Kim Porter will occasionally include compensated advertorial or sponsored posts. All such posts are disclosed as being sponsored or advertorial in the post. Please note that we normally do not accept sponsored or advertorial posts for less than a flat fee of $200. That rate may be higher if large amounts of custom content is created or if the advertiser wishes to pre-approve content.
Makeup by Kim Porter recognizes that the idea behind a sponsored post is to give the sponsor exposure for its product; however, all posts must be in accordance with Makeup by Kim Porter’s values and theme. Any post written with the intention to link back to a company site or a site that sells something is considered advertising and therefore requires sponsorship. Makeup by Kim Porter does not sell text links; access to an engaged, targeted and niche readership is what is offered.
- *Sponsored Posts receive up to three links per 300 words: one link in the introduction for your company’s name (ie “This is a sponsored post courtesy of (insert company name)…”), and then up to two more links in the content of the article.
- *All links carry a rel=nofollow tag and all posts must be disclosed as sponsored. No exceptions.
- *ALL sponsored posts will have a disclosure stating the post is sponsored, as well as in the post subject line. There is no exception to this.
- *Makeup by Kim Porter will only accept sponsored posts if written in-house. It’s important to the Makeup by Kim Porter brand and readers that this blog remains written in my own voice and shares my personal opinions and experiences.
- *All posts must include at least one high quality photo of which you have the rights to use or that is creative commons for commercial use.
- *The contents of a sponsored post, including the opinions expressed therein, are those of the advertiser and not of Makeup by Kim Porter or its writers. Additionally, Makeup by Kim Porter has no relationship with any sponsor, and does not influence the message.
- *Sponsored posts are clearly designated as such, so that readers will be able to determine which posts contain opinions of advertisers, and which posts contain the opinions of Makeup by Kim Porter. This is typically done by the words Sponsored Post at the start of the title, and then the phrase “This is a sponsored post written by the sponsor, [sponsor’s name].
- A sponsored post currently costs $200 per post.
All links in such posts must carry a rel=nofollow tag and all posts must be disclosed as sponsored. No exceptions.
I will attend an event as long as it is in relation to the topics I cover on my blog. The event post will go up no later than one week after the event, and will include pictures along with my review of the event, as well as links to the parties involved. I request that I have a press pass to the event I’m asked to cover, and if the event is out of the New York City area, room and board covered.
Affiliate Links and Advertising
Makeup by Kim Porter at times make use of affiliate links and run advertisements for various companies. We do not accept products for review that seek to restrict our use of affiliate links or advertising.
Receipt of Product Not Contractual or Compensatory
All products received are deemed to be gifts/commercial samples that do not form a contract for review and are not deemed to be compensation for any content that is written.
Makeup by Kim Porter reserves the right to schedule as I see fit for my readers, although most of these are written/posted right away. Additionally, Makeup by Kim Porter reserves the right to edit posts to comply with these guidelines. By submitting a post, you agree to these guidelines.
Email me for ad space rates. Visit here
I appreciate you thinking of me and I look forward to working together.