We all know that nail art is in! Unfortunately, not all nail art is created equal. Here are a few Holiday Nail Art ideas and a bonus tutorial to non-cheesy holiday nails:
(1) The Glitter Gradient Holiday Nail (Pictorial Below)
The Glitter Gradient lets you carry your nails from Hanukkah to New Years Eve. The glitter will emulate snow fall during Christmas and will give you some sparklers for New Years.
(2) Reverse French or Half Moon Mani
Both are very sophisticated and perfect for a chill Christmas with the family and New Years party with your friends. A general guideline is to use the lighter color as the base color and bolder/opaque colors for the top color. Here are some color combination suggestions:
– Silver base & Blue top
– Gold base & White top
– Silver base & Red top
– Gold Base & Dark Green top
(3) Accent Holiday Nail
The accent nail allows you to be subtly sassy. You can have a simple one color accent Holiday Nail for Kwanza and add some pizzaz to that same mani with embellishments or nail strips for New Years. It will save you a trip to the nail salon! Get creative and use some nail strips for the accent nail or dip the accent nail in a cup full of real glitter. Visit your local craft store for tiny embellishments.
Here is tutorial for the Glitter Gradient nail:
What You’ll Need (what I used):
– Base Coat (Seche Vite)
– Top Coat (Seche Vite)
– Glitter Polish (Somethin’ Extra, DIOSA Nail Polish)
– Nude Polish (Puff Pastry, DIOSA Nail Polish)
– Orange Stick
– Embellishment (Stud, Stone, or Diamond)
– Apply Base Coat
– Apply One Coat of Puff Pastry
– Let dry for about a minute
– Apply the first “level” of Somethin’ Extra. Start painting just above the cuticle line.
– Allow to dry for a bit. If you don’t let it dry, some glitters can get gooey.
– Apply the second “level” of Somethin’ Extra. Start painting just above the bottom of the first level.
– Allow to dry for a bit.
– Apply the third “level” of Somethin’ Extra. Apply the last level only across the nails’ free edge (nail tip).
– Allow to dry for a bit.
– Paint a tiny bit of clear nail polish on the spot where you want the embellishment
– Put a little bit of clear nail polish on the tip of the orange stick to pick up the embellishment
– Place the embellishment in the clear nail polish spot. The clear nail polish will still be wet so you can move the embellishment to the exact spot.
– Repeat steps above for each nail.
– Apply top coat over the entire nail, including the embellishment
Socialize with DIOSA Nails & Polish:
http://www.DIOSANAILS.com | Facebook.com/DIOSANails | Instagram & Twitter: @DiosaNails
At the end of your manicure, apply a little less than a pea-sized amount of Neutrogena’s Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream to your hands and nails, making sure to massage the cream into your cuticles. The Neutrogena’s Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream will not only keep your hands , nails and cuticles moisturized, but, will also extend the life of your manicure.
Disclosure: I received this product for review consideration because I am a BzzAgent. All opinions are honest and are my own. I was not compensated for this post.