Some of the readers of my blog wanted me to do a post about the things i lug around in my bag from day-to-day. Forgive me for finally getting around to doing one.
This is a Furla bag my boyfriend purchased for me when we first started dating two years ago. It needs to be cleaned badly. Anyone know if they clean bags?
Close-up of what’s inside
This is a large bag. I love large bags because I love to carry around a bunch of what men would say are unnecessary things.
1. Book I’m currently reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This book has inspired me in so many ways. I’m not even done with it yet.
2. Hot Pink Clinique Makeup Bag: This is a great makeup bag for traveling since it has a zipper compartment at the bottom that can hold brushes or pencils.
3. My blackberry charger: My blackberry isn’t in the picture because it’s ALWAYS in my hand.
4. Black Furla Wallet: This was also a gift from my boyfriend. He got it for me Christmas of last year.
5. Michael Stars Butterfly Shades: I actually purchased these from Hautelook.com last year. I can’t remember the price. I love them.
6. A Pen: Everyone needs a pen in their bag. You never know when you’re going to have to write something down.
7. My house key: I have another set of keys that has tons of keys and things on it. I prefer going through the bottom, which requires only one key, and it doesn’t weigh my bag down.
8. Lip gloss: It’s funny, I just noticed they are all similar colors. The one directly under the sunglass case is Coy Lip Gloss by Youngblood Cosmetics. It looks clear on me & has a great shine. The other two are MAC; Beaute & Pinkarat mini’s.
9. MAC Blot powder: I use this to take away surface oils during the day, and it has a mirror, so I use it for that purpose too.
10. Spare pair of earrings: Every woman should carry a spare pair of earrings. Sometimes I leave the house in a rush & forget to put some on. I have a pair in each bag just for that purpose. I feel & look bare without them.
11. Carmex: I like this over blistex, which burns my lips. It’s my go-to item when I don’t want to wear any lipgloss or makeup at all. It’s great for the winter months too!
12. Hand Lotion: This one is Jergens. I ran out of my Johnson & Johnson’s baby creamy oil, so I put this in my bag. It’s working for it’s purpose. Every woman needs some type of moisturizer in their bag, especially if you wash your hands a lot.
This is what’s in the Clinique Makeup Bag I carry around.
***There is a MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC50) under the MSF Natural that I use to touch-up with if needed.
1. MAC MSF Natural – Dark
2. MAC Blush Ombre – Ripe Peach. This gives a nice flush of color.
3. Coastal Scents Kabuki Brush – I use this to put on the MSF Natural. It’s cracking. It was a cheap brush so I expected that.
4. MAC L/S in Funbathing – I think this looks good with anything.
5. AVON SuperShock Mascara – Black Noir. Even if you don’t have eyeshadow on, mascara can open up your eyes.
6. SS109 Brush – I use this to apply my blush.
Clueless on what essentials should be in your purse?
Check this post Your Purse Might as Well be Empty Without These…
What’s in your bag?
Please let me know if you enjoyed this post.