Unless I am feeling super lazy, I almost always end up giving myself a pedicure. Most of the time, I find I do a much better job than the nail tech anyway; I’m picky. If I want to be pampered, I head over to my fave nail salon, Dashing Diva on Montague Street in Brooklyn. Otherwise, I follow these steps to get my feet smooth & pretty!
1. Take all nail polish off of toe nails
2. Buff & shape nails with an emory board & buffer.
3. Place a drop of Jamaican Black Castor oil on cuticles & massage in
4. Soak my feet in warm water with baby wash (I know people like super hot, but that dries your skin out).
5. Push Cuticles back & clip if needed.
6. Massage Mary Kay’s Satin Hands Scrub onto feet (One foot at a time. Leave one foot soaking). Seriously, this stuff makes ymy feet SUPER soft!
7. Use a pumice stone to smooth out any rough areas.
8. Rinse off the Satin Hands & pat dry.
9. Apply Avon’s Foot Works Dual-Action Pedi Peel (click here to order) It’s currently on-sale for $3.99. It keeps my feet nice & soft.
10. Apply base coat, let dry for a minute or two. I normally use my Dashing Diva True Color Base & Top Coats mentioned here.
11. Apply Nail color (2 coats) & let dry fro a minute or two. Then follow with the top coat.
Voila! Perfectly pedicured feet!