Having oily skin is a gift and a curse. I say that because when you have oily skin, your makeup tends to make you look like a grease box, and dirty. Having oily skin is a gift in that it prevents you from aging as fast as other people, so we stay looking younger longer (blessing).
I am combination oily; oily in my t-zone & normal on the rest of my face. It was a mess trying to apply makeup to then have it gone within a few hours. After much research and trial and error, I finally found something that works for me. I just want to point out that because it works for me, it may or may not work for you. Everyone is different.
1. After my face is washed & still damp, I tone my skin with Witch Hazel
2. Apply MAC’s Oil Control Lotion to my t-zone (forehead, nose & chin) – the places I get oily most. Apply regular moisturizer everywhere else. (Blot off excess with a paper towel)
3. Apply MUFE All Mat Primer to my t-zone (over the Oil Control Lotion)
4. Apply a light dusting (BLEND IN WELL) of Ben Nye’s Banana Powder (over the All Mat)
5. Apply your foundation or powder as you would normally do.
Also, if you have oily skin stay away from oil-based products, such as soaps, moisturizers, makeup, and even hair products. YES, hair products. Hair products tend to seep onto your face if you tend to sweat, and your body heat also sends the oil based product past your hairline.
I hope this helps :o)
Enter my giveaway CLICK HERE