Some day’s it’s just too hot to wear makeup. If you’re like me, and you hate going outside without looking your absolute best, here are some ways to keep your skin looking flawless while avoiding a makeup meltdown.
1. Keep your skin hydrated & wear SPF!
– Many tinted moisturizers come with SPF’s already in them. If you can’t find the perfect tinted moisturizer that meets your needs, make your own by taking one part of your favorite foundation and mix it with two parts of your favorite moisturizer that contains an SPF of 15 or higher.
I currently use Artistry’s Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 -#8, which works perfectly for my combination skin.
I first use a sponge to blot on some SmashBox Photo Finish Primer
onto my T-Zone (it helps lessen the oil
throughout the day), then I apply the tinted moisturizer on top. For better application & even coverage, use a brush (MAC’s 187 Stippling brush works well for this & pactically everything).
*You won’t regret the few seconds it will take to smooth on a primer, which goes on after moisturizer but before face makeup. Like house-paint primer, it provides a smooth base for whatever goes on next. “Primers are definitely the way to go in summer,” says New York City makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff. “They’re incredibly light — they don’t feel at all like a heavy, additional layer — and they really help hold makeup in place.”
Which reminds me, I have to pick-up the Givenchy Mister Mat Primer for oily skin to see if it’s better than Smash Box. $30 at Sephora.2. Foundation – If you must use foundation, use a light powder foundation. Heat tends to make your foundation melt, and “slide” of the skin.
*Make Up Forever’s Face & Body Foundation I find works great in the heat, and doesn’t sweat off like other’s do, and if your skin is oily, it doesn’t slide off quickly. $38 at Sephora
Photo Courtesy of Karlasugar.blogspot.com
3. Apply some blush/bronzer
. If you’re a darker skintone like me, apply your blush 1st then the bronzer or else the bronzer will make your face look dirty. Bronzers don’t usually show too well on darker skinned people so I use Format Blush
by Mac along with one of their Mineralize Skinfinishes… It gives you a nice sunkissed glow.
*Get a natural-looking flush before going outside by applying a light stain to your cheeks. Smile and apply directly to the apples of your cheeks. Rub it in to blend and look like you’re glowing from the inside out.
4. Waterproof Mascara & Eyeliner – Avoid those raccoon eyes at all costs! It’s NOT cute!
*Apply mascara from the base of your lashes to the end, wiggling the wand slightly as you make your way up. This method provides better coverage, and your mascara will stay on longer too.
5. Don’t forget the lip gloss!
*Go with something sheer I can’t go without my Nymphette lipgloss by Mac… I go through tubes of it.
People always compliment me on my skin – the softness, clarity, and youthful appearance of my skin. When I do my make-up or a friends, I get compliments as well. I’m not a professional but, I do know a few tips and tricks. Plus, whatever I don’t know, I learn quick and easy.
First, how do I keep my skin looking fresh and break-out free?!?
Before I started using the Proactiv 3-Step System a little over a year ago, I had already had clear skin. I figured, using this would help to keep me from getting breakouts period! And it did!
- Have a great skincare routine – cleanse, tone, moisturize daily or twice daily depending on skin type (dry skin – cleanse less). Also, try using a mask at least once a week. I use the Proactiv Refining Mask once a week or for spot treatment, and it makes a blemish disappear over night.
- I always drink water. Plenty water keeps the skin from looking dry… It helps carry nutrients to every cell in your body; flushes out toxins; improves circulation & bloodflow.
- Naps – I try to take as many naps as I can, when I can. Everyone needs some kind of beauty rest. No one wants dark circles under their eyes.
- Take your vitamins! – Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body. Vitamins C, E, A, K, and B complex can all help improve skin health.
- Never touch your face with your hands. Your hands carry so many nasty germs!!!
- Sex ..::LOL::.. Sex releases chemicals in your body that help reduce stress and helps prevent breakouts. “When your body becomes heated, harmful toxins are flushed from your system. Then there are the benefits to be had from the boost in circulation. As your heart rate increases, more blood is pumped throughout your body, especially your face. The result is that everything from elastin fibres to the skins natural collagen are plumped and firmed. Finally, all those endorphins (the hormones released by the brain that mimic the effect of morphine) that are released during sex can make your complexion look as good as you feel. ” – Savvy Women Magazine.Com
As far as make-up goes (I LOVE EVERYTHING M.A.C.!), I do not wear heavy make-up, such as foundation. If your skin is pretty much clear, you don’t need to use a heavy foundation. Foundation, especially if applied incorrectly can sometimes look cakey and/or make you look too fake or over-done.
My favorite products are as follows:
M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark
M.A.C Sheer Pressed Powder NC45 ( I stopped using this & began using the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which gives me a nice, clean, sheer, light coverage that lasts.)
M.A.C Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer – Works well for under your eyes and spot treatments for small/minor blemishes
Sephora Brand Ultimate Blockbuster (Collector’s Edition): I love this because I have SO MANY eyeshadows to work with – you should use a cream color base or eyeshadow primer if you want the colors to popM.A.C. Cream Color Base: Improper Copper – I love this one because I’m usually wearing shadows in the gold/brown/bronze family and it works well with those. It also give you a nice fresh glow when used on your cheeks
M.A.C. Powder Blush: SpringSheen, Format, DollyMix (they all work well together especially if layered and blended correctly)
M.A.C. Lipglass: Pink Poodle (bright pink) & Nymphette (pinkish with gold undertones)M.A.C. Eyeshadow: Expensive Pink – I LOVE this alone or as a highlighter for my brow bone.