Eyebrows are my favorite thing to do. If there was one thing I couldn’t walk out of the house with, it would be my brows. When done correctly, they shape your face, and make you look put together. I’ve been asked plenty of times about how I do my eyebrows. I wish I had time to do a video eyebrow tutorial, but, unfortunately, I do not. Until then, here is an eyebrow tutorial / pictorial I put together for my instagram peeps.
To me, eyebrows should look natural. No blocks, no halos… I mean, to each his/her own, but, I absolutely despise overly drawn, sharpie looking eyebrows. Depending on how I’m feeling or the look I’m going for, I will use a pencil, powder, or Make Up For Ever’s brow corrector. Use what works best for you.
Here’s what you will need:
Flat definer brush – Sigma E15 Brush
Small Concealer Brush – Sigma F70 Brush
Angled Brow Brush – Sigma E75 Brush
Spoolie – Sigma E80 Brush
Products Used for this Eyebrow Tutorial
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer ‘Deep’ or LA Girl Pro Concealer ‘Fawn’
Brow Pencil (I used the IT Cosmetics No Tug Waterproof Eye Liner in ‘Brown’)
Taupe or light brown brow powder (Check the Sigma Makeup Brow Duo)
Model in a Bottle Brow Sealer
1. Use the spoolie to brush your eyebrow hairs to show its shape.
2. Take a pencil or use the angled brow brush with a brow powder to line/shape the brow
3. Depending on if I want my brows to be extremely neat (or SNATCHED) or if I want them to look regular, I’d do one of the following:
- Take the flat definer brush with concealer (your skintone or one shade lighter) to define & clean up the top of the brow.
- Take the flat definer brush with concealer (your skintone or one shade lighter) to define & clean up the bottom of the brow.
4. Use the spoolie again to brush the brow to see the shape. Make any corrections if needed.
5. Use a blending brush to blend the concealer down towards the lid. I like using my IT Cosmetics “No-Tug™” Heavenly Luxe Dual Eyeshadow Brush.
7. Use a brow sealer (Model in a Bottle) to maintain the look and shape of the brow.
When using a brow powder with an angled brow brush, it is helpful to wet the brush to get a cleaner liner.
When using the Make Up For Ever Brow Corrector, try using an eyeliner brush (with a fine tip) to create hair-like strokes in areas where the brow is sparse.
Do NOT use black pencil; taupe or brown is a better option as either will not look as harsh, and will appear more natural.
Using a concealer 2 shades or more lighter will give you that awful halo effect. Go for it, if that’s your preference.
For more tips check Brows Beyond Powder
Did you find this eyebrow tutorial helpful?