Celebrity makeup artist Jorjee Douglas stated the following about the inspiration for Zooey Deschanel’s Golden Globes Makeup look: “We always love to go very 60s with Zooey’s makeup, so we look at Brigitte Bardot and Twiggy for inspiration. We went with a modern Zooey version that made her blue eyes pop.”
- She prepped Zooey’s skin the night before with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to keep her skin soft and glowy.
- To even out her complexion and ensure her foundation lasted she applied BB tinted treatment primer in fair.
- Next, she blended tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation to add extra radiance to her complexion. To conceal any uneven skin she used tarte’s maracuja creaseless concealer underneath her eyes.
- She added a pop of color with tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in frisky to the apples of her cheeks.
- For a touch of shimmer, she applied maracuja blush & glow brightening lumiziner and cheek tint in candlelight to the tops of her cheekbones and set her t-zone with a light dusting of Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- For a strong and defined brow, she used a mixture of tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil in taupe and medium brown.
- To make Zooey’s blue eyes pop, she started by blending the bronze shadows from tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in “in the buff” all over her lids.
- To create a cat-eye shape, she drew tarte’s multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner over her top lashline, with a dip at the outer corner.
- Inspired by Twiggy’s lashes, she painted on tiny lashes underneath her bottom lashes with the precise tip ofmultiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara to add major volume and drama to her lashes.