This post was sparked by a post on Self-Confessions of a Beauty Addict where she asked her readers what they used MAC’s Fix + Spray for? This is my response to her.
(Retail: $18 for 3.4 fl oz)
An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!
Fix + is supposed (keyword: supposed)to be used to set your makeup after application.
I use it for the following:
1. To moisten my skin before applying moisturizer
2. To apply eyeshadow/pigments to decrease fall out
3. I spray it on my brush when I use my brow powder to make the lines more defined and straight.
4. Using e/s as an eyeliner.
5. To wet sponge/brush for foundation application.
6. I spray it on after I apply my makeup for a dewy glow.
If you want a good fixer, for a reasonable price, you can try Ben Nye’s Final Seal. The 2 oz bottle is available at Alcone Co for $7 ($5 at Partywiththis.com); the 8 oz is $17; 16 oz $27