Over a month ago I announced in this post that I started using the Dove Beauty Bar to cleanse my face. It works well. I was using proactiv before. Proactiv works for a while until your skin gets used to it, then it no longer works.
Earlier this month I went to my dermatologist, Dr. Marc Avram. He told me that the dove is good and I should continue to use it, and so is the moisturizer (cetaphil) I am using. He suggested Clean & Clear’s Continuous Control Acne Cleanser to help prevent breakouts since it has the highest percentage of benzoyl peroxide (10%) in it compared to other over the counter (OTC) acne cleansers. It used to be prescription ( I didn’t know).
I picked up the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser from Walgreen’s for $6.08, and I’ve been using it ever since, and it works great!
This is what I do from start to finish.
When I have makeup on I lather up the Dove in my hand & smooth it over my face then rinse, if not I start straight off with the Clean & Clear.
1. Wash my face with the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
2. Apply EM Gel (prescription only) trying it for 6 weeks to see what happens. It’s beenhelping control my oil though.
3. Apply my cetaphil moisturizer (skipping my t-zone since that’s where I’m most oily). Make sure you blot off any excess moisturizer with a tissue especially if you tend to be oily.
4. Apply MAC’s oil Control Lotion to my t-zone
5. Apply MAC’s Moisture Lush Eye Cream under my eyes
That’s it! I repeat the same at night. Nothing too serious or extravagant about how I wash my face.
I use a mask (aspirin & honey (now) before my proactiv mask) at least two times a week. I almost always use a mask before I go out for an event & I’m wearing makeup. I just think the makeup applies better.